Reign of the Olympians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleh.

2 posters

Go down

Bleh. Empty Bleh.

Post by Rin Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:50 pm

Today, Rin decided to try and learn something new - shadow travel. Unfortunately, it didn't work about the first ten tries, and she found out that her father's castle walls are actually comfortable.
The goth sighed, trying to picture where she wanted to go... one word: largest anime convention ever. She planned that if she could make it there, she'd have a little break... no scratch that, a pretty large break.
She smiled lightly, turning up the volume on her iPod, humming along to Awake by Disturbed, momentarily noting how the underworld lacked music. A lot. Apparently, Hades wasn't into art.
Rin darted towards the shadow of the wall, appearing not bothered she was running towards a wall, that would probably hurt a lot considering the skulls on them.
Her mind flickered to the other gods of the dead - wasn't there one? Or Archavon, the god that ruled the underworld river of pain... During her thoughts, her mind flickered to where the god of death lived - a cemetery. It didn't sound exactly fun, but still...
Unfortunately, she thought of this when she made contact with the shadow, forgetting that she was still willing to shadow travel. Silently cursing, she blinked, feeling as if she were moving at a very fast speed... her eyes lit up with excitement, wondering where she would land. The river of pain, or the cemetery?
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Bleh. Empty Re: Bleh.

Post by Death Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 am

Thanatos stood crouched down on a graveyard, with huge white wings spread out behind him, and his scythe in one hand (The pose in my pic). Carved onto the gravestone were the words "Angel of Death" carved by Thanatos himself to show people that this was his realm... as if the mist and darkness didn't cover it. On the square block of stone under the gravestone iy said "DNAngel". DN, Daniel Numari, was the name of the body he had used for his human form. Carving the boy's initials into the stone was the least Thanatos could do.

Then, something a little ways away caught Thanatos's attention. A young girl, about 16, and a bit taller then he was. "Hmm... interesting... I wonder who she could be." He mused, remaining in his crouching his position, watching the girl carefully, his black eyes seeming to shine in the light of the full moon.
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:17 am

Rin blinked as she suddenly felt like she wasn't moving anymore, realizing that she must have stopped shadow traveli,kghng. Which meant, that she was here.
But where was here, exactly?
With turquoise eyes she glanced around the mist-filled area, relieved that she didn't land in the River of Pain. That, would suck - considering Rin just didn't like pain in general.
Which meant that she was in the minor god of death, Thantatos's, realm. Lovely.
She heard a noise, turning in its direction to see a man sitting on a gravestone, her eyes rising to his black eyes fearlessly. Though, when she saw them she very slightly shuddered - they seemed to be empty, black. Usually Rin likes the colour black in general, but on someone for their eye colour... it was unnerving.
She walked towards him, her pale skin and black hair colour matching the gloomy surroundings nearly perfectly, until she stopped in front of him. Next, she bowed to him - usually Rin hates to bow to anyone in general, but considering he was a god and the god of death, she'd rather show respect to him than get her soul reaped. "I'm Rin, the daughter of Hades." She introduced herself, looking at the ground as she was bowed. "Sorry I've intruded on your domain - it was an error on my part."
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:32 am

Thanatos blinked, unmoving. The pacifist watched Rin carefully, taking careful note of her reaction towards his eyes. He didn't speak for a long time, merely watching her squirm slightly, not blinking anymore. She looked a bit like him: pale with black hair, though the difference in their appearances could be seen quite clearly.

Finally, Thanatos spoke. "You... are the daughter of Hades?" He asked, emotionlessly, though anyone could tell that he didn't care for Hades that much. As he spoke, Thanatos didn't move, but remianed as still as a statue. Seeing as the gravestone was about 7 feet tall, he easily was looking down at Rin.
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:09 am

Rin appeared fine with the fact that he was looming over her, almost smirking when she heard him. She guessed he didn't like her father that much - she didn't blame him. Like most gods, she couldn't read him at all - right now she couldn't look at his body posture or expression because of her bowing, and his voice was emotionless.
She looked back up at him, nodding once. "Yes." She replied.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:17 am

Thanatos stared down at Rin, unmoving and unblinking. "Is there a reason as to why Hades has ordered one of his children into my realm? The Gods promised me that I would be left alone if I did my job." He said, without any emotion in his voice, but clearly irritated. His stare turned into a half-stare half-glare, and he obviously didn't like Rin.
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:00 am

Rin shook her head, noting his irritation. Well, now she had her assumption from earlier confirmed - he definitely didn't like her father. Hopefully he didn't have anything against his children, though... Rin liked to keep her soul where it was.
"Hades didn't order me here, Sir." She replied. "I was attempting to learn shadow travel by myself, and my thoughts got momentarily distracted with the other death-related gods." Rin explained, appearing to not be embarrassed about it. In truth, she wasn't - she took this as a learning experience, for future reference to not lose concentration with thoughts next time.
As in, hopefully there would be a nextime...
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Thanatos nodded, thoughtfully, taking in her words. "I see..." He mused, still not moving or blinking. "Well, you apparently know who I am, but just to clarify I am Thanatos. The God of Death." He said, raising his scythe and slipping the handle into a band strapped to the back of his shirt, meant for holding his scythe. Of course, the handle was in the air. Thanatos folded his wings a bit into a more comfortable position. "Except you're probably now thinking that Hades is the God of Death, aren't you." He said, leaning back a bit.
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Rin stood up straight, still feeling small compared to his height. But, she was used to it by now - being a midget kinda does that to you.
She nodded as he spoke about who she was, not knowing if she should be glad at the confirmation. Well, depends on the turn of events.
Hades being the god of Death? Not exactly. Death, and what comes after death, are two different things. So, Rin replied truthfully. "Death, and what comes after death, are two different things - my father is the god of the dead, not death." She replied, hoping that what she thought was correct... she was still new to this.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanatos smirked at Rin's answers. "Interesting answer... not many people think like that. And, yes, you are correct." He said, moving so that he was sitting on the grave instead of crouching on it. "Hades is mearly the... ruler of where the dearly departed go when they have left this world. I, however, am the one who sends them there. In other words, if it was not for me then Hades would not have a purpose in this world." Thanatos said, a little arrogantly. But it was true, of course. Without Thanatos, there would be no dead. And without the dead, there would be no God of the Dead or the Underworld. "My role is confusing, but it can best be described that I bring balance to the world. I bring darkness to light. I bring Yang to Ying. I bring Death to Life. However, I also bring Light to the Darkness, Ying to Yang, and Life to Death. I am not Good, nor Evil, but completely neutral. In some places people call me the circle of life. Some call me the Grim Reaper. I believe that a certain band from the 1980's subbed me "The Reaper". I rather like that one." He explained, giving reference to Blue Öyster Cult, a particular band that he enjoyed.
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Rin felt a minor sense of accomplishment - she didn't piss this god off. Yet. Though, hopefully she will never have to. Gods weren't exactly friendly when they were pissed off.
She listened to him, understanding where he was coming from. Even if that sounded a little arrogant, it was true - without him, there would be no dead. Her father may be powerful, but as much as he probably didn't like it, Hades relied on Thanatos.
Rin smiled a little when he mentioned a band from the 1980's subbing him as "The Reaper" finding it familiar. But, she most likely wouldn't know it - the music she listened to was fairly modern, at least within the last decade. Of course, there are times when she'll listen to older styles of music, but those are usually Japanese.
"The mention about the band from the 1980's sounds familiar. What's it called?" She asked - Rin was big on music, and it was a pity that Apollo didn't like Hades.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanatos smiled slightly when she asked what the band was. Even though she was a child of Hades, and trespassing in his realm, he rather liked her. "It's called "Blue Öyster Cult". It's one of my favorite bands, other then The Rasmus and Breaking Benjamin." He told her, adjusting his position so that he was now sitting on the gravestone, his legs dangling off of it. "And, before you ask, the song was called "Don't Fear the Reaper". It's very nice. It tells about why you shouldn't fear Death, but embrace it and see it as the beginning of a new end." Thanatos often spoke in riddles when he talked, or confusing phylosiphies.
Death
Death

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 pm

RIn smiled, recognizing the band. She listened to the occassionally, and liked them.
"Breaking Benjamin is pretty good." Breaking Benjamin used to be a favorite of Rin's - that was, of course, before she found metal. Now, she loved Disturbed and Escape the Fate, as well as Black Veil Brides.
"I like it already." She smiled, making a mental note to check out the song later when she got a hold of a computer.

Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum